India says reviewing procedures after missile accidentally fired into Pakistan – World

After India accidentally launched a missile into Pakistan last week, it is reviewing standing operating procedures for the operation, maintenance and inspection of its weapons systems, the defense minister said on Tuesday.

“The safety and security of our weapon systems is our top priority,” Rajnath Singh told Congress. “If any shortcomings are found, we will correct them immediately.”

He said India had accidentally fired a missile at Pakistan during routine inspections and inspections around 7pm on Wednesday.

“I am sorry about this, but I am relieved that no one was injured in the accident,” Singh said.

Read more: US, China, Pakistan-India call for direct dialogue

indian press report An unarmed practice version of a Brahmos supersonic missile was accidentally launched into Pakistan during an investigation at the Indian Air Force’s secret satellite base.

The report, citing a defense ministry source, argued that the missile followed a trajectory at the time of the collision, but that “certain factors” played a role in deflecting the pre-eaten target out of danger.

According to the report, it had no warhead because it was a ‘practice missile’. The report also claimed that India informed Pakistan of the “accidental shooting” shortly after the incident. However, Pakistan said India did not immediately inform Islamabad of the accidental launch and waited until the Inter-Service Public Relations Department released the incident and asked New Delhi for clarification.

India later recognized the case as a “technical malfunction” on Friday and said a “higher level investigation court” had been ordered over the case.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs rejected the ‘simple explanation’ offered by the Indian side and proposed a joint investigation to confirm the facts.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmoud Kuresh also raised the issue along with German Foreign Minister and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.

National Security Adviser Moed Yusuf also questioned Delhi’s ability to handle sensitive technology after the incident and urged the world to consider whether India can ensure the safety and security of its nuclear weapons system.

Prime Minister Yusuf said in an investigation into the real situation surrounding the March 9 incident that “it is hard to believe what this Indian government is saying” and “to determine if it was an accidental launch or more intentional.”

.